We’re hiring a Technical Assistant (Marine) or Certification Engineer (Marine)
HPi-CEproof Ltd is an Approved Body for UK product safety regulations. This means that we are licensed by the UK government to certify products that used to need a CE mark but now need a UKCA mark, to be sold in UK. We hold this status for the certification of boats up to 24m in length and their components, machinery and pressure equipment. HPi-CEproof has a global reach, working with some of the world’s most recognised manufacturers all over the world.
HPi-CEproof is the only Approved Body for the UK Recreational Craft Regulations and this means that, by the end of 2021, we must certify every product sold in UK that falls within these regulations. We need to add to our marine department to meet this increase in demand.
- Processing requests for certification & issuing contracts
- Co-ordinating client visits by HPi’s own staff and external inspectors
- Reviewing product certification & test reports
- Producing summary reports and drafting certificates for review by the Technical Director
- Assisting Project Managers in inspections as and when required
- It is not expected that the candidate would inspect and assess products alone, initially, but this would be the goal, after some on-the-job training. More experienced candidates would be expected to visit alone soon after joining.
Experience and Qualifications
- HPi works to a formally accredited quality system that defines the minimum criteria for all personnel working in the company. This system values experience & qualifications equally such that the successful candidate may have either:
- A technical qualification in a marine or mechanical discipline, or any other with relevance for the scope of Recreational Craft Regulations, and/or
- Experience within the marine industry preferably, boat building, design or surveying.
- Excellent organisation skills
- A methodical and systematic outlook
- Experience of working within the requirements of a certified quality system would be an advantage but it is not essential.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- CAD software (desirable but not essential)
- Familiar with typical office software suites
The office is located in The Manor House, Howbery Park, Wallingford, OX10 8BA. The job will require some travel within in UK and abroad, depending upon experience.
As the role will fit a wide range of qualifications & experience, the salary will be scaled to fit the candidate. As well as a generous salary, the package also includes pension, private health care (including dentistry and opticians) and a number of other schemes such as bike to work, nursery vouchers etc.