‘Introduction to PER’ training session to be held at Howbery Park, starting at 2pm and finishing at 4pm on Wednesday 13 June.
This free seminar is intended to give a brief overview of the Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations. It is suitable for those who are unfamiliar with the Directive, or those who want to refresh their knowledge of the basics.
The seminar will cover the following:
- Which items are covered by the Directive.
- What are essential safety requirements.
- How to identify the applicable essential safety requirements.
- How to calculate an item’s PER risk category.
- What affect the risk category has on some essential safety requirements.
- How to select a Conformity Assessment Module.
- Global conformity assessment for assemblies.
- How the Module affects the extent of the Approved Body’s involvement.
- The role of Harmonised Standards.
- Preparing a technical file – What to include.
- The declaration of conformity.
Matteo Convento is a Chartered Engineer with 15 years of experience in the Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations industry from coordination to Project Management. Since 2002, he has served as a Technical Co-ordinator and Assistant Technical Manager for PER services at Velosi Certification – Applus Group. He joined HPi-CEproof in 2012 with the role of Principal Engineer for Pressure Equipment Certification/CE Compliance.
Toby Read is a chartered mechanical engineer, with several years’ experience of pressure systems, having worked for Atkins and Foster Wheeler. Toby also qualified and practised as a solicitor, before returning to engineering. He joined HPi-CEproof in 2015.