Careers with HPi-CEproof
- PRESSURE EQUIPMENT QA ENGINEER / COORDINATOR
Purpose of Role
Permanent full-time position, working as part of the PER/QA team auditing pressure equipment manufacturers needing to conform with the UK Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 2014/68/EU.
Reporting to the Technical Director (PER), working alongside Certification Engineers (PER) and the Corporate QA manager.
Liaising with Business Manager and IT Manager, as well as contributing as a team member of the whole organisation of HPi.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Assessment of manufacturers/products against UK Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 2014/68/EU, with emphasis on Quality Assurance Modules (associated to ISO 9001). This will also require PER audits at manufacturers.
- Review technical reports from auditors (partners abroad), check against PER requirements and produce accurate reports and final documentation.
- Support our QA Manager in the implementation of HPi’s Quality Assurance Systems which are accredited by the UK Accreditation Service (UKAS) to EN ISO 17020 and by the Irish National Accreditation Board (INAB) to EN ISO 17065 and EN ISO 17024. This will include carrying out internal audits and representation during UKAS/INAB audits
- Support our Technical Dept with coordination of project-based work from proposal/setup contract to issue of UKCA Certification
- Ensure certification records are recorded accurately on Company extranet and filed appropriately.
- Ensure Personnel files and performance monitoring records are kept up-to-date and liaise with associates abroad to plan audit or training sessions. This will require some travel abroad
- Liaise with clients, prospects and visitors when required.
- Undertake additional short-term responsibilities, from time-to-time, as delegated by line manager.
- Health and Safety corporate culture
- Working towards HPi-CEproof vision and mission
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certification
- Previous experience with Notified Bodies or CE compliance of pressure equipment
- Welding/Material technology awareness
- Native or fluent in English
- Right to live and work in UK
- Full driving license valid in UK
Salary range: £30-36K depending on experience
*** PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR CV ***
Applications to be submitted to Matteo Convento: email@example.com
For anyone with a sharp engineering mind and a passion for understanding how things work, HPi-CEproof is an exciting place to build a career.
While other certification companies tick boxes, HPi-CEproof has a reputation for assessing the unusual, where there are no boxes to tick. HPi-CEproof staff travel all around the world, analysing a diverse range of products, manufactured in a variety of ways, using all types of material. No two projects are the same.
We need talented people with a deep commitment to excellence in what they do and what we do – people with an inquiring mind, integrity and a spirit of invention and purpose.
We struggle to find people with the experience we require so we have recently decided to invest in the development of graduates & equip you with the skills you need to excel with us.
Click below if you’d like an exciting future with us.
If you are a qualified Engineer and you have experience with any of the product types that we certify, you are a rare breed indeed and if you are interested in joining us, we’d really like to hear from you.
We need people with an eye for detail and those who really don’t like to make mistakes. In return, we can offer great flexibility to our administrative staff.
If you’d like to join us in such role, please click below.